Tuesday 17 January 2012

Italian Knot

While surfing through the blogs, I just stuck up with a beautiful work at Anita’s blog, really amazing blog, The motif is done with a stitch called Italian Knot, the name of the stitch itself was new for me, I did an intense research on Italian knots, the information I got is not unique, people has different opinion about Italian knot, anyway what I understood is that any stitch combined with a French Knot gives Italian knot.
The knots formed in this stitch gives a beaded look for the motifs.
Fly Stitch with French Knot
DSCN5241
Step 1 : Make a Fly stitch.
DSCN5242
Step 2 : Instead of making simple straight stitch make a french knot at the tip.
DSCN5243
DSCN5244
Chain Stitch with French Knot
DSCN5246
DSCN5247
DSCN5248
Try it out …
Another variation of Italian Knot u can see at Anita's blog.

1 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Raji,
Thank you so much for writing about my blog.
Anita.

Post a Comment

I value ur words, it definitely makes me motivated..., thank you !